Saturday, October 30, 2010

Oh fall, how I love thee

Our campsite at Gayasan National Park.
Fall is in full swing in Korea and it sure is breathtaking! Although we have no apple orchards with warm apple cider donuts and goats to pet, we're making do. It is still apple season here and I've already made a pie,  applesauce, and apple crisp. I also brought a can of pumpkin butter back from the US. When I get homesick, I just lather up a piece of toast with some of that sweet, buttery goodness and I'm back in the midwest.  


Among my other favorite things about fall are the colors. I remember taking Sunday family drives along Hwy. 2 to see the bright orange, red, and yellows of the Rock River Valley. So in order to get our fix, Aaron and I decided to head to one of the national parks about 2 hours from Busan. Gayasan National Park is known for its colors as well as its temple tucked up in the mountains. It was a BEAUTIFUL weekend and although it was cut short with a rainy Saturday night/Sunday, this park was worth the trek.   

Walking into Chi-in village from our campsite.
At beautiful Haeinsa, the temple within the national park.
Almost to the top!
We made it!

The waterfall right next to our campsite.  We'll be back when it's warm for swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment