Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy Friday

A typical morning...
1. I woke up this morning to a runny nose, phlegmy throat, and watery eyes.  Yellow dust is back and it's awakened my allergies. Last year was the worst year in many for it and they are thinking this spring could be even worse.  My walk to school consisted of sneezing at least 15 times and comparing face mask designs worn by everyone.  I still can't decide if I prefer the "Hello Kitty" or American flag face mask more.  I have to admit, they are looking more and more appealing.


2. My new bangs, of which I am not a fan, were sticking straight out creating a roof for my forehead rather than a curtain. I was already late for school, and I couldn't find a bobby pin to control those rascals.  Upon getting to school, I casually asked my colleague/friend if I she had a bobby pin I could borrow.  She said she didn't think so, but she would ask other teachers.  She then proceeded to go around to every female teacher asking if they had a bobby pin.  She came back to me with a black sparkley barrette.  But that didn't reach her standards, so she proceeded to ask one of her students to go to the school store to BUY Callie Teacher some bobby pins.  I told her "No no! Really...I am okay!" but she insisted.  Soon enough, a student runs over to me, out of breath, and gives me a new packet of bobby pins.


3. After I got my bangs under control, it was time for class. I walked up the 2 flights of stairs to the class and found the students were locked out of the classroom. So, I went back downstairs to get the key.  On my way up, computer and books in hand, I TOTALLY biffed it on the stairs, falling flat on my face with my computer cascading to the concrete.  The worst part was that I banged my knee quite hard when I fell.  Initially it felt like I couldn't move it at all.  It took all that I had not to cry and scream.  But, all of my students were watching me so I gathered up the strength to stand up. Surprisingly, the only look on their faces was of sympathy, and they all started pointing to their own legs and saying, "Teacher? okay?"  I survived the class, but my knee won't bend, it's pretty swollen, and has a few good scrapes on it. Urgh.


Sometimes it is so easy to let the little things that go wrong in life bother you.  I was pretty frustrated this morning, but I need to remind myself of how important it is to laugh when things go wrong (or right).  I guess attitude really is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment