Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Last Day

On my last official day of school I felt an amazing amount of love.  I want to share a bit of what I went through and show off my fantastic students.  First is a dance that my high-level third grade boys prepared for me.  It's to the song "I'll Be Back" by 2PM, a popular K-pop group in Korea.  They did a great job (notice the boy out in the hallway flashing the lights the entire time...he cracked me up).



3-1 English Class
"Chicago"--he claims he will be my neighbor someday...or sleep in my backyard.

Some of my 3-4 English class girls. They threw me a surprise party with cake, ice cream, and notes they laminated.  I cried...a lot.

3-4 girls enjoying ice cream in a bag.

Ms. Kang lighting candles for my cake. I might have had a better chance drowning them out with tears.
The next day, I took off to the mountains with all of the teachers/staff of my school for an overnight trip.  We went rafting, sang, ate a lot, and enjoyed time together.  Here are some highlights.

Our AMAZING lunch.  The "main dish" that you order is that small plate of meat in the center.  Everything else is side dishes and you can get as many refills on them as desired (hence why we love the food here). As I've always said, I would hate to be a dishwasher in Korea.

Ms. Park and Ms. Choi who are always looking out for me.

Norebang (karaoke) on the bus?  Of course! The bus had a TV and a mobile microphone. This is my principal singing away. I followed him with my rendition of "Dancing Queen"

My co-teacher Ms. Joo and I in front of a waterfall along our trek.

No comments:

Post a Comment